Before 2020: Over the past nine years, DivyaJyoti‘s accomplishments include: Examining over 775,000 OPD patients across base hospitals, diagnostic camps, and outreach centers. Performing over 85,000 eye surgeries to restore vision and improve eye health. Facilitating the academic progress of more than 50 visually impaired students. Establishing a state-of-the-art tertiary ...Read More
Our work with
Working for the Cause:
with the support of “Chhanyado”, in Mandvi
Divyajyoti Trust, established with the support of “Chhanyado” in 2010, initiated Tejas Eye Hospital in Mandvi town in May 2011. The hospital commenced with 40 beds, which has since expanded to accommodate 100 beds, including an additional 15,000 sq. ft. by June 2015. Tejas Eye Hospital is recognized as one of Gujarat’s well-equipped hospitals, providing a pleasing environment and comprehensive facilities to serve the poor and needy tribal population in the region.
DivyaJyoti stands out due to several unique features:
- Comprehensive Sub-specialties: DivyaJyoti offers a complete spectrum of eye care sub-specialties, ensuring that patients receive specialized treatment and services tailored to their specific needs.
- Extensive Training Programs: The organization conducts training programs for various levels of eye care professionals, ensuring that staff is well-equipped with the latest knowledge and skills.
- Ongoing Research: DivyaJyoti is actively involved in ophthalmic research, contributing to the advancement of eye care practices and techniques.
- Commitment to Accessibility: Approximately 75% of the services provided are offered free of charge, demonstrating a strong commitment to making eye care accessible to all, especially in rural and tribal areas.
- State-of-the-Art Facility: The hospital boasts a modern tertiary eye care center with 100 beds, equipped with advanced technology and amenities.
- Affordable Quality Care: DivyaJyoti delivers high-quality eye care at affordable rates, prioritizing the needs of rural and economically disadvantaged communities.
- Comprehensive Eye Care Services: The organization offers a full spectrum of eye care services, covering prevention, promotion, treatment, and rehabilitation, all under one roof.
These unique attributes collectively distinguish DivyaJyoti as a remarkable institution dedicated to addressing eye health disparities and enhancing the overall well-being of its patients.
Divyajyoti has a commendable track record of providing high-quality eye care services on a large scale while maintaining transparent financial management.
The hospital serves approximately 125,000 OPD patients, including outreach activities, and offers a wide range of eye care specialties such as cornea, glaucoma, retina, oculoplastic, pediatric eye care, neuro-ophthalmology, and low vision.
Training programs for paramedics and ophthalmologists, both short and long term, are in place. Additionally, an optometry college was established in September 2017, and research activities are ongoing.
Divyajyoti conducts diagnostic eye camps three times a week within a 100-kilometer radius, covering 2,000 villages with a population of 2.5 million. Transportation to and from these camps is provided free of charge. The organization operates eye care services at two CHCs through a public-private partnership with the Government of Gujarat.
Satellite centers, including Jhankhvav, Netrang, and Vyara, have been established, and vision centers are operational in various locations.
Approximately 75% of surgical procedures are performed free of cost, primarily benefiting patients with BPL cards and the local impoverished community.
Divyajyoti has successfully implemented a Community-Based Rehabilitation program for incurably blind individuals in Mandvi, Umarpada, Mangrol, and Vyara talukas.
Hostel facilities for blind children have been established, fostering their academic progress and integration into regular schools.
Through these efforts, Divyajyoti remains committed to its mission of eliminating preventable blindness and improving the lives of the visually impaired.
Impact of Project Supported by Joy of Helping
During the Covid-19 crisis, Joy of Helping was dedicated to providing financial assistance to Divyajyoti to facilitate donations from the USA.
Divyajyoti had an outstanding track record of delivering high-quality eye care on a mass scale and prudently managing its finances transparently. However, in those uncertain times, Divyajyoti needed special one-off financial support to finance its operations. This support was crucial to help the hospital navigate through the Covid-19 induced crisis as a going concern, ensuring its ability to continue resolving blindness for the poor.
After the Covid-19 crisis was over, Joy of Helping expressed its intention to donate and sponsor free eye camps. Selected cataract patients’ operations would be done free of charge at the hospital to eliminate blindness, showcasing Joy of Helping’s commitment to making a lasting impact on eye health.
As the COVID-19 crisis subsided, Joy of Helping contributed by sponsoring free eye camps and providing free cataract surgeries at the hospital to combat blindness with Divyajyoti Eye Hospital. Pediatric Eye Operation: Vision impairment and blindness impede access to education, employment, and other opportunities. Children with vision impairment lose the ...Read More
Pediatric Eye Operation – Vision Assistant Students: Divyajyoti Trust operates eye hospital in rural tribal area of Surat , performing 12,000+ surgeries yearly with 70-80% free care. There are almost 10 different clinical trials going on now. The training center caters to the training needs of all cadres of eye ...Read More